Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Lunch


 A "best" about summertime? Eating lunch outside, in our bathing suits, getting sticky and messy and not caring at all.


And just so you're all convinced I've gone off the deep end and transformed into Martha Stewart wanna be over here... the homemade jam is, as Joey from Friends would say, "mmmmm jaaaam!". I've said a 100 times, I'm not about to challenge Smuckers, they do a fine job, but I couldn't just COULDN'T get past the nagging urge to learn to can/jar something.


 And with the over abundance of pb&j sandwiches in my home these days, and the over abundance of to die for strawberries around these days... I gave it in and was surprised how much easier it was than I thought. And although hard to tell, you can see by the gunk all over Josie's lips and cheeks, the homemade jam is a winner.  I made ONLY a dozen, or so, jars to last the year... but blueberries are next, and I'm certain it's going to be even better that strawberry jam.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. lol I'm feeling that same urge. I pretty much have no idea where to start though. what recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie is starting to look so grown up in some her expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie is getting so big! Seems like she is about ready to head off to Kindergarten!! Love all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete