Friday, June 17, 2011

The Perfect Scoop

I'm not really sure, in hindsight, where I caught the ice cream bug... or the want to make it at least (because I've always loved ice cream), but the ice cream maker arrived last week and either I'm an ice cream genius or awesome homemade ice cream is really easy to do (i'm guessing the easy part is right).  Although I have put quite a bit if reading and research into to how it should properly be done, I can't help but make yet a 4th batch of a 4th flavor tonight. 


My first recipe was an adaptation of this adaptation from a David Leibovitz - author of The Perfect Scoop. I love the recipe so much that I bought the book and presently have peanutbutter cup and cookies and cream in the freezer ready for Father's Day weekend.  Back to the scoop at hand,  I had raspberries stocked in my fridge, rather than blackberries and I think raspberries worked even better.  My perfect scoop has to be creamy and rich, and boy does my ice cream maker and my choice of recipe sure deliver so far. 



My diet can't handle all this ice cream in my life, so I even bought white cardboard freezer treat cartons and whipped up a cute label so giving away the ice cream will be almost as enjoyable as eating it.  mmmm.  Ah, off for a 5miler run in a few minutes... this scoop of ice cream was totally worth it.

1 comment: