Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Perfect Day

I do not care what the calendar says, today is summer.  Everything I love about summer, today was.  Up early, house cleaned and ready to be neglected for the rest of the day as we fully enjoy the day. The hottest day, in 5 yrs, according to Tom Skilling, we filled up our oasis - a kiddie pool and invited kids over to hang out with us. 


I stayed in my bathing suit all day tending to kids, the garden, making snacks and even during afternoon nap while inside cooling off from the day.  I love days like this and am thrilled it isn't even technically Summer yet - we have a whole season of this ahead.


Surprisingly, three kids can have a lot of fun in, out and around a tiny pool for a good couple hours.  But I think it time to upgrade to something a little bigger, my Target trip this evening will be a success if i find something the entire neighborhood can fit in :)


1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Three happy summer faces - and tumbling out of the pool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete