Monday, June 20, 2011

A Happy Father's Day

One of the best actually!  Just so happened, my dad's birthday fell on Father's day this year, so double the celebrations and guarantee that my brothers would drive out for the afternoon too.


 Happiest of birthday wishes to Popsie, the best one around!  He even shares his birthday cupcake with the munchkin, what a guy ;)




Any time my brother comes out and brings his dog, Josie is infatuated and is always going in for the kiss.  Luckily Bristol's spunk just about measures up to Josie's and they entertain each other for quite some time.  The afternoon was filled with some amazing food cooked up between my mom and me.  Days like today, back and forth from kitchen to kitchen and working hard at making beaten down path through my yard to their house are exactly what I imagined having them living next door would be like. 



And of course, happiest of Father's day having Ed home today from a week's trip and being home for a whole week this week HOORAY!  Made a special cookies and cream ice cream batch just for Ed... or at least I've deemed it so in efforts to keep my spoon out of the freezer.  Logged a good 4.5 mile effort this early morning, only to be defeated by strawberry rhubarb pie and homemade strawberry ice cream by evening.  A good day it was.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all the happy faces. You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete