Saturday, June 25, 2011

Firecracker 5k


 Bright and early, this one was! The morning was cool but sunny and so much fun pulling up and seeing hundreds of fellow runners ready to go. Josie and my mom came along to cheer us on, and by US I mean me and Ed! I should have known, even though Ed's not a runner and was planning on the walk portion of the 5k "run/walk", he took off and never looked back - literally. Left me in his dust, but I didn't let it shake my determination to keep pace, keep breathing and finish strong.


This is me post finish line checking my time and so pleased with my best 31 minutes yet... love my nike+ gps sport watch, even with it's .03 mile inaccurate reading for today, grrr.  Today's finish felt great, I wasn't exhausted... although... I think Ed was ;)


I even forced a picture upon Marci (season 11 of The Biggest Loser), and was not ashamed to do so. I'm a fan of the show and was especially a fan of Marci and Courtney - they're from my hometown, and ironically, own the Dairy Queen in town, mmm a love of mine.


I'm thrilled I have a new 5k buddy in Ed, there are a few local ones coming up for the 4th weekend and I'm already planning the next one for us to 

2 comments:

  1. you are so darn photogenic! just GORGEOUS! love that first photo of you and Ed. :) Congrats to you on finishing another race!! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete