Wednesday, August 1, 2012

10th Day: Hospital Bed Rest

And 33 weeks today.  One week left to go until their birthday, unless the girls make other plans.  

I've now been in the hospital 10 nights, 11 days... and now the days left in the hospital are less than those I've been in.  Not counting the rest of today, that's 7 days until their birthday.  It's starting to feel more real.  Yesterday morning I was alarmed while eating breakfast to hear the woman in the room next door go into labor and deliver in a matter of moments.  This isn't a labor and delivery floor, and while my doctors continue to say something could change on a moments notice - I really didn't take it that literally.  They didn't even have time to take her down to labor and delivery. Before I knew it, there was a baby crying and I was panicked! 

We are still enjoying rather quiet days here at the hospital.  I've had such a great group of visitors this weekend through yesterday that have helped pass the time.  And yesterday was packed with activities.  Besides our normal NST in the morning, I had a mid day growth ultrasound planned.  We were excited to peek in on the girls again, to see what kind of fluid pockets were around baby A, and to see what their weights were. 


We were overwhelmingly happy to see that baby A's weight is 4lbs11oz (70th %) and baby B's weight was 4lb8oz (64th %).  Both had ample amniotic pockets, even considering my ruptured (PProm) status. Hearing the weights made me cry. I had been hoping for 4lbs, so gaining more than that with the possibility of delivery at any time was so reassuring.  It's likely, if we cook another week, the girls will both be born over 5lbs. Not bad for 34 week babies.  We hope that means their NICU stay will be minimal.   


With wheelchair privileges granted from my doctor, I was allowed to sign up for a few classes here at the hospital that I had wanted to take but previously didn't have time to drive into the city to make happen.  Low and behold the opportunity to take a few of the classes coincided with being a hospital resident, so we signed up.  Last night was the breast-feeding class that proved worthwhile for this first timer. And if these quiet days continue, we're also signed up for infant and child CPR on Saturday.  I'd take a class on lacing shoes if it gets me time out of this room for a little while.  

Josie and dad are living it up by staying up late, going to ride go-carts and, and eating more junk food than I can probably imagine.  I miss her like crazy but am thankful for the best invention ever, FaceTime.  Ed props the iPad up on the bathroom counter and I sit and talk to Josie while she takes a bath or while she's cuddled on the couch.  I can't wait for the day she comes up to meet her new sisters.  

4 comments:

  1. i've been thinking of you and wondering how you + the girls were doing! keeping you all in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good report to read! My thoughts are with you constantly! I smiled to hear how you are face timing together! And way to use your time wisely and taking classes :)

    Jenn C

    ReplyDelete
  3. treatment of hepatic steatosis treatment of hepatic steatosis treatment
    of hepatic steatosis

    Here is my blog: homeopathic drug for fatty liver

    ReplyDelete