Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Sun Shines

Day 4 of being home, 3 nights of learning.  All things one could anticipate being complicated with twins, indeed is.  They eat, usually at the same time.  One wakes and stirs while the other is seemingly out cold... only to find a moment later #2 has the same idea. 


And here's my system for knowing who is who... Alivia is always on the left and Annalise is always on the right.  Their cribs, Alivia left, Annalise right.  In the swings, in their bassinets, in their car seats.  I can tell them apart, but it takes a moment of assessment.  And if all else fails, their hospital bands are still on.  Luckily, I haven't had to refer to them yet.  It remains to be seen when I'll snip them off.  For now, they stay.


And day 4 will likely be a repeat of the previous 3.  Although today is a school day for Josie, so even more casual than yesterday. Naps, eating, washing baby clothes, editing pictures, cuddling, cuddling and more cuddling. Ed's been working on lots of long neglected house projects while he's off this week, in between diapers and feedings, of course. The real test will come next week when he's back at work.  Here's hoping my mom doesn't decide to take a vacation any time soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh!oh!OH!! This is so much sweet! This is just the fix I was looking for! I love how peaceful and snuggled they are with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My SIL used the same system for her girls. Me? I still can't tell the twins apart and they are five! The parents didn't like my idea of a tiny tattoo to ID the girls, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you let us know that Alivia is on the left... now I will know which little angel is which! :-) It sounds like you're getting the swing of it and thriving as a new family of 5! Another friend who had two sets of twins once told me that for the first year she rarely left the house alone and relished in being at home with the twins as much as possible. Your hands AND your heart will be very full, I imagine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing the details of your adjustment. Thank you for the honest insight. LOVING the pictures! Glad it's going well :)

    ReplyDelete