Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Family of 5

We left this place for the last time on Sunday, bringing home Annalise.  Our family complete and home. So great.


A lot happened here, a place that was comforting and safe while I waited for their arrival, caring people that changed my life and my family forever.  It was bittersweet to say goodbye to a place that was such a huge part of our lives for 40 days.  But we knew the biggest adventure of our lives was waiting for us at home, and were were excited to jump in feet first!


Our last moments in the NICU before packing up, the last minutes of being connected to monitors!  A freeing moment to hold our baby and walk around with her.   We packed her up tight in the car seat, just like we did with Alivia a few days prior... and said goodbye.



Ed, so proud and happy to snap her in and drive off.  I made sure to stop and grab my ritualistic hibiscus ginger ale and blueberry muffin at my favorite tea place as a final adios, and we hit the road. 



We've now survived two nights of twins. It's a drastic adjustment, a steep learning curve, but I think we might just be good at this.  True, we're both home and I have my amazing mom to help, AND they sleep 90% of the day... but it's better than I imagined.  So good. Josie's a great big sister and proving to be a great helper.  It's good to be home.


2 comments:

  1. Yaaaay!!! So glad everyone is home and healthy and happy! Looking forward to seeing the girls grow and change! Congratulations mama! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me smile! Congrats again ! <3

    ReplyDelete