Sunday, August 19, 2012

Just Us

Being that this may be the last week of just the three of us (woohoo!), I see it fit to spend a little extra time with this goober as we count down the days until 2 new babes join our home.


It had been quite a while since I sat down and just snapped away at this smiley face, and I'm glad I did.  Even at the end of an exhausted day, I didn't even brush her hair or take off her dirty clothes.  And low and behold, my most favorite pictures in a long time.


I have a day this week set aside for just her.  I won't be going to the NICU that day, she won't be going to school, it'll be just us.  I think that means a day of whatever she wants.  Her pick of parks to play at, maybe even ice cream instead of something practical for lunch.  I think I'll take a nap with her and play any and all of the games she wants. 


It was almost 4 years ago we fell in love for the first time with this one, and we can't wait to do it all over again.  She taught us so much that we *almost* feel ready for the chaos that lies ahead. 

4 comments:

  1. She is such a beautiful girl. :) I bet she can't wait to help mama with her new baby sisters. Have a blast on these last days as 'three'! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just wonderful! Josie is just beautiful -- enjoy the next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad to hear that there is a count down for the homecoming. Enjoy your Josie time. (Has it really been four years!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Hope the day was full of smiles and happiness from beginning to end!

    Jenn C

    ReplyDelete