Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hospital Bed Rest Day: 4

A boring update with such poor photos like this means only one thing, everything is quiet here and I'm almost getting bored but enjoying the lovely peace and quiet that each day here is.  Well, besides the nurses and doctors checking in on me every hour, it's pretty quiet. 


 I'm already tired of the hospital food, so luckily I was able to con Ed into bringing me breakfast this morning from Corner Bakery - Steel cut oats with the works on top, baked french toast with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit!  That should be enough to hold me over past lunch actually.


After breakfast, I took a two hour nap and then had our daily scheduled NST for the babies.  It takes about 45 minutes, where both babies heartbeats are tracked (two orange numbers above) and they look for 5 15hbm accelerations which tells us the babies are not only there, but active. 


Today we had no doubts, the girls were so active they kept kicking off the monitors, thus all the extra bands and props tied around me to keep them under control (scary belly pictures, bleh!)!  There's also a monitor in there somewhere looking for signs of contractions.  I'm still leaking amniotic fluid, but no contractions to date, so I think I'm looking at yet another day of napping, reading, and catching up on Damages season 4.  I could get used to this if I didn't miss seeing E and JJ every morning noon and night!  Facetime on iPad helps a lot - thank God for modern technology!

4 comments:

  1. Keep hanging in there, little ones. Mama can use a little break and you can stay warm and cozy for a bit longer!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many prayers for you! Bed rest takes extra strength and hospital bed rest takes even more! Glad you are finding ways to stay busy and glad you got such a yummy breakfast! You deserve it!!

    Jenn Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been behind in my blog reading due to some visitors (granddaughters)so I've just now read that you are on hospital bed rest. I'll keep you and those babies in my prayers Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in again! Hope im not harassing you! Hope all is well!

    Jenn Cooper

    ReplyDelete