Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Year Ago Today...


Josie came home.

We'd started the day off bright and early, out the door by 4 am to be "in town" ready and waiting for our lawyer when he arrived at the hospital. It was a wonderful drive, a good 2 hours, and we stopped for breakfast. We'd finalized and agreed on our name, talked about how this day was going to go... we were nervous but ready to get the day rolling.

We'd still arrived too early and needed to kill some time. Target WAS RIGHT THERE and I couldn't help but run in and look. LOOK at all the baby things that I'd wanted to buy for so long, and now I had a purpose... and I don't even think I bought much more than some receiving blankets and maybe some baby lotion. But it sure felt good. I couldn't believe I was buying for our baby, let alone a baby girl. I was still, and am still, in disbelief we were going to have a daughter!

Finally we took the steps into the hosptial... it was actually several hours we sat with the lawyer, talked and signed papers, and waited. We know Josie and her birth family were upstairs doing the same, and getting Josie ready for her ride home. Finally it was time to make our way up to Josie's room, and it was with bittersweet excitement we sat and talked about Josie, talked about what happens from here, talked about this not being a good bye, but a beginning for all of us and we'd always be close, especially at heart.

The time came where we all parted ways and Ed and I were "prepped" to be parents by the hospital nurse and they sent us on our way. Boy, we had no idea what we were doing, but amazing how we figured it out. We headed out the door for the long drive home... I don't think I took my eyes of this for a second:



Home was never sweeter a sight than that day, having my mom and dad waiting for us... a room FILLED with baby girl clothes, baby bassinet ready and waiting... and we welcomed Josie home forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment