Saturday, September 19, 2009

Party Day



Today's the party day. We're getting there, slowly but surely! I'm surprised it's a general aura of calm and excited for the day. Josie is still playing in her crib, coffee is ready and we have a list of things to do for the day. Balloons and more balloons are waiting for me to fill... so I must not sit here too long!

A year ago today... (actually a year less one day, we'll say, the 3rd Saturday in September...) I woke up with a similar game plan. No, I didn't know Josie was going to be born on that Saturday, we were having a big party at our house... all our neighbors and friends. I don't do a whole lot of parties at my house, so it is rather notable that here we are, a year later having a big ole party on exactly the same day, just for a better reason. We had no idea that morning that Josie was born, we wouldn't know until the next day..... that story to be continued.

Until then, we've already gotten a few goodies in the mail for J, from some really wonderful friends. Snapped a few shots of these cute "guys" (we call all her stuffed animals that she loves to carry around "her guys". We say, "go get your guys..., or hold on to those guys, she loves her guys ;) Silly but cute), as we call them... she loves these guys lots. And love all our thoughtful friends.

Well... I'm off. Off to start my whirlwind day :) The moonwalk will be here any minutes, oh dear.

1 comment: