Monday, September 7, 2009

Loved Rocking Horse

Ed's been working on a handful of projects around the house in preparations for the party in a few weeks, and I was so happy when he told me to go get the rocking horse... he was ready to work on it. I fondly remember this rocking horse in my cousin's room when I was little. This horse is even more special to me as a reminder of how much we love and miss him. So many kid things get tossed or given away, but this was one thing that was saved and stored at my grandma's house for many years, and when she passed away, I was happy to give the rocking horse a new home in hopes I'd have a little one one day to play with it. I actually need to ask my aunt why this was saved, it must be more special than I even know. It had been well "played" with, marked up with crayons and pens (eekks! I might even be the culprit on that one... but we'll blame it on my brothers or even my cousin ;)). In any case, it needed a little bit of love, and I knew it would be so special to have cleaned up and ready for Josie to play with when she gets old enough.

I should have taken a before photo, but it slipped my mind.. Well here it is, sanded and a litght coat of stain and it looks like a million bucks...

1 comment: