Monday, September 28, 2009

The First Birthday Party


I think it's safe to say we've finally recovered from the party and life with a one year old has begun! The party was a blast, perfect weather with lots of friends and family to help us celebrate. Josie was adorable in her party dress, complete with curly pigtails and shimmery pink shoes!

I'd started to doubt my decision to have a moonwalk at the party, it wasn't exactly cheap, and Josie would never remember... but it was SOOO worth it. I'm trying to figure out a reason to rent it again in the Spring just because! It was so much fun, for the kids and adults alike, worth every single penny :)



So that's how our morning started, with the moonwalk guys setting up. All the kids in the neighborhood came down to play before the party started, I got all the balloons filled (special order pink, blue, and green polka dot helium balloons) and surprisingly had the house ready to go well before the first party guest arrived!

But as soon as the party got under way, everything became a total blur and the party was over in the blink of an eye. That's the downside to being the hostess, not really getting to enjoy your own party, but it was still a lot of fun. I've "thanked" all my friends with kids for not forewarning me of the chaos that is present opening time. "OPEN THIS ONE!!" Cards and wrapping paper flying every which way.



Loved every minute of celebrating Josie's first year. Next year though, pizza, cake and ice cream. Low key ;)

1 comment: