Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Year Ago Today: The next Call

A year ago today, we carried on with our normal week (it was monday morning), not really knowing how the day would go, if we'd get a good call or a let down call... Ed and I rode to work together, and parted ways.... knowing we'd be on edge all day waiting for the phone to ring again. We cautiously told our coworkers what was going on... trying not to get too ahead of ourselves, we (especially me) assessed what was going on in the office, things I'd need to wrap up, things I needed to explain... I'd potentially be gone for quite a while and it was overwhelming wrapping up my job in a single morning.

My phone rang. The answer we'd been waiting for, she was ours. This is when things turned frantic and FOR REAL! It was with great excitement that I shared the news with all my coworkers and family via phone and email... there was little time to explain, Ed and I had to wrap up work and get home and GET READY! I think I spent the time home that night frantically getting our house cleaned up and it wasn't until 11pm that night that Ed and I realized we needed to get serious about this whole name situation. Overwhelmed to say the least, we had a restless night waiting for 4 am to arrive, the time we set to leave the house to be at the hospital in time to meet up with our lawyer and get the next day underway...

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment