Friday, October 17, 2008

Rise Up This Mornin'


"Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, this is my message to you-ou-ou...."

Oh Josie, your mama can't sing to save her life. But that doesn't stop me from singing to you! I've been searching far and wide for the sweetest lullabies for us to listen to. You and I spend most of our days with the tv off, and the music on and we need more variety. I hope you have a love and appreciation for music throughout your life. Mimi was headed to the mall this week and asked if I needed anything. Since I haven't been getting out of the house very much, I told her yes! Please stop by Land of Nod and check out their lullaby collections. I've strolled through that store many times before, waiting for the day to shop for my little one - and they always have the BEST music playing. I immediately thought of Land of Nod when wondering what lullabies I needed for our collection. Boy, does Mimi love us, she bought us several cds - and we love each and every one. Mimi, Pops and I have a shared love of Bob Marley, strange but true, you'll know one day - but until then - we're really going to enjoy Bob Marley's best songs in soothing instrumentals. And my all time favorite, we've already listed to over and over again, is Elizabeth Mitchell's Three Little Birds Bob Marley Rendition (a pleasant surprise to see that in the mix on this cd!!) - so so so sweet, as is the entire You Are My Little Bird cd. We're going to have plenty of music filling our days!

2 comments:

  1. My two favorites are Shawn Colvin and Ernie singing "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon," and "You'll Be In My Heart" from Tarzan. The latter is especially meaningful to the Mom of an adopted child!

    Love that beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!!! That face! SOOOO stinkin' adorable! She is obviously VERY happy spending every day with her wonderful mama. :) Keep the pictures comin'! Gotta get my baby fix somewhere!

    *smooches and love*

    -m

    ReplyDelete