Friday, May 17, 2013

Nine Months

Alomst two weeks ago now, that's how far behind I am, Livie and Alise turned 9 months old.  The 12 month mark looming on the horizion, so I'm trying to be extra vigilant in soaking up the baby-ness
as frequently as possible.
 
Alivia Left, Annalise Right

It's a riot now that they're starting to recognize each other, starting to interact - and usually not in the most friendly of ways.  Why is it that when one has a toy the other automatically wants it?  They go back and forth snatching things from each other, especially the pacifiers, and that in and of itself provides them entertainment for a bit. 



We had our 9 month checkup, and they're both right at 17lbs.  On the adjusted growth chart (their adjusted age of 7 months), they're right in the middle.  If compared to a full term 9month baby, they're behind.  But something funny happens when you go from your first to your second (and third in this case) child, those numbers don't really mean a whole heck of a lot anymore.  We're in no race to be earlier talkers, walkers, etc...  all I want is happy healthy babies and that's I've got.  So lucky for those things. When I see other 9 month babies standing, or even walking...  I know these two will catch up soon.  I'm happy to have immobility for a little while longer. 


Because the truth is, once they start getting around, I'm really in trouble.  I'm already exhausted just about every minute of the day and I'm not having to chase them around yet! For now I can plop them down to play in one spot and they don't get too far.  Just the last week they've become strong enough to sit on their own, and sans a little backwards scooting (while on their bellies), they're not crawling yet. 


SLEEP! By golly, we're starting to feel what it's like to sleep more than 2 hours at a time!!!!  I've read all the books, tried all the methods - and while those tips and trick work in a perfect world, they don't make accomodations for the stomach bug, the colds, then stuffy noses, growth spurts, etc...  We'd had a tough go of the stomach bug, the entire house.  There's only one thing worse than a sick baby, two sick babies. It took quite a bit of work to get everyone back on a good sleep schedule.  Even still, it always seems one baby needs something during the night while the other is not a peep.  I say a prayer before bed for hopes of a good night.
Annalise smiles
Annalise, if there was a distinction to be made, is going to be the life of the party.  She always has a "who's ready for fun?" smile, and is maybe a tad more easy going than her counter part.  She remains to be every so slightly cubbier than Alivia, and just a tad shorter too. 


Alivia, oh Ms. Tempermental. Kidding, for the most part ;) Almost always, she's equally as happy and playful as her sister.  I tend to think of her as my little peanut, but really she's only ounces different from Annalise. 
Alivia 9 Mo


1 comment:

  1. So SO much cuteness to catch up on! I feared you were forever going to be too busy (or tired!) to continue blogging.

    You have the most beautiful trio of girls! Every snapshot and description made me smile :) thank you for sharing your wonderful and rapidly changing family! Xxxooo
    -KathrynL

    ReplyDelete