Monday, May 7, 2012

20 weeks

Last week I hit 20 weeks and couldn't be happier about it. I am finally feeling like a human being again, albeit, a human growing two humans inside her, but I have some semblance of energy for much of the day and can say the nausea is still there but under control.  We're headed this week for our next regularly scheduled doctor visit in Chicago and will even spend the night in the city to celebrate our anniversary and to have a little getaway while we still can.  I've worked hard to make the 20lbs by 20 weeks goal for twin mamas, and we'll find out on Tuesday! 


Ed's full of motivation to get projects done around the house, and that means getting the office/guest room combined (check!), and clearing out the future nursery, readying it for my paint selection.  By the end of the week the paint should be done and we'll move on to accumulating all the other things (x's 2!) that we'll need to get the nursery in working order.


I really hadn't thought my circumference had seen much of a change in recent weeks, but by comparison to my last 16w picture, it is pretty apparent things are moving along. It's still a huge concept to grasp, this whole idea of going from a family of 3 to 5 in one swoop, but it's starting to sink in. And while many seem concerned about how full our hands will be, I say to them, "imagine our hearts." 

photo inspiration from http://www.oliviapricephotography.com/

2 comments:

  1. i have a friend that made the jump for their family from 3-5 in january - just before their little boy turned two!

    you can do it - i have no doubt! :) you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy for you and your family. Love the pictures. You look beautiful and that last photo is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete