Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh Deer

Truth be told, I'm a little more likely to invite the deer hunters into my neighborhood before the season opens, to say I was a upset to find a deer had discovered my beloved garden last week would have been an understatement.  Close to tears, before I got a grip and assessed the damage.  Just when the picking was getting good, the deer realized the same thing.


My fence, classy, right?  Best I could come up with on short notice. And while I KNOW a deer can hop right over it and bee line right to my tomatoes again - in my head I have a little peace of mind thinking the fence will at least slow them down.  Oh, and deer spray - fingers crossed they stay away!!!!  All is not lost, although the deer ate all of my ripe tomatoes, all of my lettuce and all the leaves off my green beans.  Luckily, many more tomatoes on the vine and the bushes are growing sky high, and the beans are still there but naked of any leaves!

Ah, and the fence does a good job of keeping this one out too.  She likes to dig deep in that black dirt and get it all over herself and make a mess of the garden bed - necessitating a long long soak in the tub at night to get close to clean.  She's cute, I'll keep her.




No comments:

Post a Comment