Wednesday, July 27, 2011

ah. Totally Random, but still cute

This week, tough to describe but mostly filled with the prospect of possibilities.  The very real possibility that potty training is going to quickly turn me having to figure out what to do with a brand new box of 100 count size 5 diapers. Anyone? And the prospect of my little one headed to a for real daycare/preschool for the first time.


I knew it was time for both events to happen, potty training and placement in "school", but both meant big steps for this little one that I just can't imagine her not being little anymore.  Our first real true "go" at potty training has been, knock on wood, a great success and I might be calling it a victory quite soon.  I'm so proud, and the idea of no diapers in my life is 99% a happy thing. 


And school. This girl, she's a smart one. She's strong willed. She's lively. She's bright. She's the life of the party. She has places to go and people to see... and school better watch out - because Josie's about to crash the party and hopefully thrive in her new environment.  It was a tough transition for me, going from an in home sitter to sending her out into the world at a true daycare - but I can't deny the incredible opportunities her new daycare will provide.  I want to quit my job and see if I can sign up, to tell you the truth!  The art, the gymnastics, the weekly topics, the sports, the science projects, the tie dye days... she's going to love it and I'm just so completely excited for her and this new experience for her.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet photos Kate - Josie's hair is getting so long. Clara is potty trained too except for an occasional accident. It definitely makes life better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up, change and hit those monumental stages SO quickly. I clearly remember taking Megan to her very first day of preschool, and now she starts MIDDLE SCHOOL this year. Makes my heart hurt a bit. Josie is so precious and beautiful. She'll love preschool, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete