Monday, July 25, 2011

Girls' Day

The before, pretty cute actually - if i do say so myself.  The bangs were getting out of control though.  So off to the salon we went.  Sadly "my" regular stylist was out of town this week, so we gave the kiddie cuts place a whirl.


Not entirely impressed with the kiddie place, but it was probably a treat for Josie to get her hair cut in a pink jeep and watching Dora the whole time.  But back to my stylist for the next cut.  Surprisingly, the kiddie cut place, a lot more expensive than I was expecting. I must be paying for those Dora dvd's ;) Lesson learned! Ah, and I must note - JJ kept calling the stylist a doctor ;) random yet funny. The flip flops, tank top and neon orange comb didn't strike me as doctor-ish, but ok.

Just a little off the back and the cute pixie bangs that I adore. I dream of how cute she'd look with a shoulder cut, just like all the little girls I saw in Paris with the side clip in their hair. Maybe next time. For now, I'm still loving the curls and being able to braid and ponytail it whenever I want.


And our special treat for the day, #1 for being good at the "hair cut store", but secondly and more importantly because she has continued to stay "clean and dry" (a potty training trick a dear friend just taught me) ... we walked down the street to the cupcake store.


I chose Salted Carmel and JJ chose Cherry Chip.  We both shared bites of each cupcake, leaving not more than a crumb or two in the end.




I like the idea of cupcakes for lunch on our special girls' day out.  Who needs a well balanced meal when you have sugar and sprinkles?




1 comment:

  1. Her hair cut looks really cute! And what a great little cupcake place. Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete