Monday, March 30, 2009

Pretty Random


It's been over a week since I've felt halfway human after catching my second round of the flu for the season. To top things off, I had many commitments last week that kept me from recuperating the way I would have wished - leaving me completely exhausted. That just meant I especially enjoyed a weekend at home with a whole lot of nothing to do but catch up around the house and just sit and enjoy.


Our big plans for the weekend included a special trip to Babies R Us to pick up a few things now that J is at the 6 month mark and will be eating more and trying lots of new things. It's probably sad that I get excited about a trip to that store, but I love all the new gadgets and goodies, there's new stuff there all the time! One of our most favorite purchases is this training sippy cup by Nuby (with handles, not shown). Josie has fallen in love with it, moreso as a toy than a drinking device, but it keeps her entertained! We've figured out that she CAN NOT get anything out of that nipple. We've just put water in it so far, say 4 oz. and even after sucking on it with assistance... and playing with it for hours on end, still 4 oz ;) There must be a trick to it that she hasn't figured out just yet!

Speaking of shopping, my favorite place to shop for fun things for J is Etsy. I love the hunt for something to unique and cute - it keeps me glued to that site! Some recent favorites that have showed up on our door step include this super SUPER cute hair clip by Lisa's Chic Bows:



and a new set of bibs to replace some old dingy ones, by Pongobaby:


and life was incomplete without these slipper by Prettylittle, I love them to pieces:


Oh, and I cooked and froze lots of fresh organic veggies for Josie on Sunday. So incredibly easy! I'm excited to stock up with more varieties of foods, but for now J loves her fresh peas... and boy, what a color difference between freshly made and the yucky store bought jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment