Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gender Reveal

A baby update!  We're in full swing with our doctor visits every two weeks now.  My mom came with me this week while E was out of town for work, and what a fun day it was to share with her.  I'm always nervous as we lay back and wait to see what comes up on the screen, but I'm getting more comfortable each time and always looking forward to seeing how much bigger they are and how much they're moving around. 


Baby A above, Baby B below - go figure, identical in size :)  And amniotic levels were ideal!  We're entering into a critical time where we're watching close for signs of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome, where one twin is getting more blood and/or nutrients than the other, and so far we're in the clear.  I couldn't be more thankful.  I'm even thankful for the 16lbs I've put on and the fact it all seems to be in the form of belly and boob growth and not hips, thighs, face... yet.




The babies are both measuring about a week ahead actually, I'll take it!  And if you've come this far, I can't believe I get to protect and love these two little GIRLS! Josie's coming around to the idea that she's going to be a big sister, and I have no doubt she'll have these girls thinking that she's the boss on day one.  I can't wait for my house of girls!


and random but fun, Ed took J on her first go cart ride last weekend.  She kinda sorta loved it.  I was a little worried as they zoomed around the track and it looked a little bumpy - but apparently she was giggling and telling daddy to PASS 'EM! at every turn.  Good times. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy for you guys! Of course I would have been happy for you if you were having boys, too, but a house full of 3 little girls is so exciting!

    I'll bet Josie is going to be a great big sister!

    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once Josie is over the shock she will be a great big sister! I am so happy for you - those little girls look like they are growing wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear that everything is as it should be. How exciting for you, Ed and Josie to be adding two more girls to the family ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! what perfect additions to your family. :) i'd wondered how that appointment went!

    and just think... soon we both might be mamas to three girls. who would've thought?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! I see lots of pink in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO, so, so fun!!! A house full of girls!!! I'm so happy that everything is looking great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is SO amazing!! Congratulations to you on two healthy sweet little girls! And even congratulations on the 16 pounds of baby-nurturing goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just catching up. So happy to read this news! How exciting and wonderful. I'm glad things are going well and your girls are healthy. That also explains the new pins for "nursery" on your Pinterest boards. ;)

    ReplyDelete