Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Tastes


I don't do new year's resolutions, but if I was going to claim one this year, it might be to try new recipes and new cooking techniques outside of my norm. Everyone knows any culinary excellence is lost on Ed, but I'd like to think I have a fresh palette to experiment with on Josie. Nothing too crazy, but still I'm having fun finding recipes that will suit her tastes and today was a good start in the recipe experiment department. By the looks of it, I did a pretty good job today... tomorrow's another story ;)! JJ has been loving veggies, snap peas, green beans and carrots among her favorites. To kick things up a notch, I've been adding veggies with some herbs and light seasonings and she continues to love to eat them. We've been on a muffin kick lately too, they're so portable for the babysitter and for lunches - today's recipe was a cinnamon blueberry/raspberry muffin that turned out pretty tasty!


2 comments:

  1. That's great that she's trying new things :)

    I love your pictures -- the one of her with the toothbrush is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recent research actually shows that the more different things, taste and textures you expose children to in an early age the better. They simply become less picky eaters if you expose to them to different things.

    And your not-picky eater is soo cute.

    ReplyDelete