Friday, November 28, 2008

Nursery In Progress


Bits and pieces of her nursery are coming together and we're so excited to bring it all together. Paint is yet to be decided, still waiting on a chair slipcover and then I hope to have a pretty darn cute room for Josie Pie. The bedding is made with fabric from Sandi Henderson's Farmers Market, we're sooo in love with these fabrics (i'm going to make pillows and a photo board with some of the fabric too! I bought the baskets from Marshalls and spray painted them pink. Ed wasn't too happy about the pink film on everything in the garage, but I'm pretty happy with the baskets, so it all evens out :) I'm planning on one more framed print to make a trio of frames over her crib, but am still pondering what I want in the 3rd frame.


On the other end of the room is her new dresser! This lamp is one of my most favorite purchases for her room. We leave it on all night long, and it illuminates the room with little dots of light - very whimsical and captivating :) The Beatrix Potter collection, along with the bookends are mine from when I was a little girl. I'm so glad my mom saved them all these years. And see that Precious Moment there on the left...? Precious Moments aren't usually my thing, but my dear friend bought this one for us. It's titled "Adopting a Life of Love" with two blonde parents and baby with dark hair!!!!!!!!! How'd they get that so perfect? :) What a treasure, for sure.

More photos to come as we move along in getting the room all decked out. I even spray painted the cutest scallop-edged night table to go next to her rocker. Cute cute cute :) oh, fyi, wonkiness of the photos due to fisheye lens. Frames are hung level :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic nursery! I love it. Love the picture of your daughter, too - she's just beautiful. Congratulations!

    Wendy from adoptiontalk

    ReplyDelete