Monday, November 24, 2008

Catching Up.


Sooo... I needed a few extra days to work on her 2 month photos. And THEN nothing but a cloudy day and a fussy little girl - not an optimal combination for photos, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Last Thursday, Josie's 2 month, was her immunization day, and the day I was up all night with the flu. I haven't had the flu in, in.. , in.. since... well, I can't remember. Suffice to say, Ed rushed home from work to get Josie to her immunizations in time, and I laid in bed all day - with MY MOM here to take care of Josie and to keep me in quarantine. While that kept me down for several days, I just prayed I felt better by Sunday - Josie's baptism day.

Luckily, by Saturday I was at least able to start getting the house cleaned up and things prepared for our families to arrive on Sunday after the baptism. It was stressful pulling it all together, but turned out to be such a lovely day! Ed's dad baptized Josie, wearing my mother in law's baptismal dress from 56 years ago, and wore my baptismal shoes from 28 years ago. She looked beautiful to say the least. What a magnificent day it turned out to be! My dad was the photographer, and I have yet to see the photos, but soon to come!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how this could possibly be but I SWEAR I fall more in love with her every time you post a new picture!!!! :)Just look at those big blue eyes and OMGosh THOSE CHEEKS! Can't wait to see the batism pictures! I'm so glad you were able to rest and get well enough to pull it all off {though I never doubted you}. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just love that dark hair and light complexion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beauty on your hands there! She is lovely and I am sure she was so beautiful at her baptism....how wonderful to have those old garments to share with her! Glad you were feeling better so you could enjoy that fully!!
    deb

    ReplyDelete