Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Nursery Progress: In Snapshots

While we still have a ways to go, the big things - like paint and the closet - are done.  Now it's the small details that I enjoy working on that will happen next. 


Josie's old crib didn't make the cut for the new nursery. She'd beaten it up pretty good and it was one of those now banned drop side cribs.  At such a reasonable price, I had to go with the classic Jenny Lind cribs - after all, I have chairs from when I was little that match... see? 


I love mid century design, and I think I'm going for a mix of modern and mid-modern for the girls' room.  I finally made a trip to a thrift store I'd been wanting to sleuth for a while, and snagged this little nightstand for cheap cheap.  My plan originally was to paint it some crazy color like aqua, and I still might, but I rather like it in its current rough state. We'll see as the room progresses if I decided to paint it or not. 



Ed has the shelves and rods all installed in the closest, and I'm now on the hunt for a hamper and some funky baskets to add to the shelves.  We have dressers on order, we're headed to the unfinished furniture store today to order a custom bench for under the window, and once more furniture gets placed in the room I'm off to the carpet store to order a custom sized carpet to be backed and bound. I'm thinking something plush and cozy.


Oh, and the drapes (as seen above), I made myself after angrily getting email after email from Pottery Barn that the curtains I wanted kept getting their backorder date pushed.  For $60 I solved that problem!

5 comments:

  1. Jenny Lind is classic and perfect. My son slept in a JL bed and he is now 34. Have you tried the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint? I thought about it when I saw the night stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful room - can't wait to see it all put together. You definitely have an eye for design and decor! Love the curtains - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such great taste! Please come help me with my little boy's nursery! I'm struggling. I can't wait to see it all put together! It looks beautiful already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room! Cheerful, and soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the lavender blanket. These two little ones will be sleeping in style! I'm so thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete