Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Unofficial Last Day of Summer

For us it really doesn't matter that the school bus will be rounding our culdesac tomorrow morning for the first day of school. We'll still go about our summer days enjoying them as they come.  We can blissfully ignore this early sign that we're closer to fall that I'd like to admit.


And then there was today, it felt a lot like a change of season is upon us.  Dark, cool, rainy and dreary.  We spent most the entire day in the house.  Cleaning, laundry, playing Candyland, watching Bug's Life and all was good.




Ed's out of town again this week, and us girls made an unofficial dinner of tomatoes and popsicles. When I couldn't stand to be inside another minute, I grabbed my new camera and decided to give it a whirl as we checked out the garden and rolled around in the wet grass. I pulled the first set of onions just the other day and left them to dry in the sun. Maybe should have brought them in before the rain?


And then there's my tomato crop... the plants are ginormous!  The one in the back is a good 9 feet tall, I just tied another 2 feet to the top of the stake by climbing to the top of a ladder this past weekend.  I foresee the next few days being knee deep in tomatoes and needing to get my jars prepped and ready soon.  Here's JJ for a little perspective on size.

And while I'd always believe it's the photographer that takes a good photo, not the camera, the new camera sure does a finnne job to pick up some slack.  I had a bit of your typical buyers remorse the last few days, but now I'm not sure there's even a sliver of regret left.




4 comments:

  1. love j's dress. :) and do tell - what camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the photos! I can see so much love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the pictures...too cute, as always!

    Wendy from Our Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi :-)

    I am a current student at the Karen Russell workshop as well and just found your blog.

    I LOVE your pictures, especially the ones in this series!!!

    See you at the workshop :-)

    Jeane

    ReplyDelete