Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pancake Store Saturdays

Dad and Josie have had a Saturday morning tradition going on for quite a while... they go to the pancake store. Just like we get books at the book store, naturally you get pancakes at the pancake store, right? I usually don't tag along, Dad usually gets JJ up before I'm awake, he dresses her in God knows what, and off they go, just to the two of them. I love this two fold - I get to sleep in, and two, it's their very own "thing". I've been tagging along the last few weeks b/c we go spend the rest of the morning at the Y after stopping at the pancake store (McDonalds). I know that all sounds counter productive, but I eat breakfast at home before we go :)





The really cool thing? It's the same folks having breakfast every Saturday morning. It's usually the same group of guys just hanging out having their coffee. And they've come to realize Josie's now part of their Saturday morning group :)

Oh, and we've started adding a little syrup to her pancakes lately. I've pretty much avoided it in the past due to the huge mess factor. But I've relaxed a little bit more - and she's really loving "sticky dip" these days. How is it "dip" of any sort makes everything better in a toddlers eyes? Chicken in apple sauce "dip" is pretty unappealing but JJ thinks it's great!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! It is great that there is Dad and Josie special time. And I'm sure that Josie looks adorable, no matter how her dad dresses her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet tradition for daddy and Josie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Daddy and daughter time is really special. Gorgeous photos Kate.

    ReplyDelete