Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Birthday Getaway

Our weekend getaway came courtesy of Ed's birthday. Seems like a tradition of sorts to get outta town and do something fun for his day - so off we went. We're in love with Indy and try to make a trip back there as often as possible. There's something about Indy that feels like a special place for us as a family. Our adoption agency is in Indy and Ed and I have fond memories of the time we spent down there getting things in order with the adoption. Not to mention we get to visit my favorite cousin too!





There are so many great family things to do in and around Indy, and again this year we went down to McCormicks Creek to do some hiking. Josie is still too little to really tackle these rugged trails, so luckily she still fits in her carrier. Although, I'm no longer strong enough to manage, so Ed did all the hard work on this hike. Does it count that my elbow got a good workout from holding the camera the whole trip?

I know I've mentioned a few times how amazing the Indy zoo is, so of course we stopped there again. We couldn't get Josie to look, but seems the giraffe was entertained!


We were disheartened to learn the Children's Museum was closed, as I was really looking forward to taking JJ for the first time... but we had a full day anyhow. Not too far from home, we have an organic dairy farm that is open to the public. I've always wanted to stop, and upon learning their "cheese store" was open, it was a MUST STOP on our way home. The grilled cheese was TO DIE FOR and the ice cream was pretty amazing too. There is of course a big tour you could take to see 3000+ dairy cows, but we just did the mini interactive tour all about milk cows, and stopped in the birthing barn where you could see a live calf birth every hour or so. Crazy and cool at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I got a shout out!!!! It was so great to see you guys and I look forward to more visits more often!!! - Kari

    ReplyDelete