Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chicago at Christmas

I love Chicago, always will... and most importantly, I hope Josie finds the same long lasting love for the city.  Especially come Christmastime, the city hums with activity and I want JJ to grow up knowing and looking forward to everything special about Chicago this time of year.   


In particular, Marshall Field's, or as some now call it MACYS, it's the holidays wrapped up in one giant store.  On today's visit we ate lunch at the market place (saving the Walnut room for next year) and shopped around for ornaments and toys. 


We saved the window walk for last, and while I've never really sat and appreciated how special they were - Josie sure did!  She was still talking about the animated figures at bedtime.   Going on a Tuesday, before the Chicago schools are out for winter break, proved to be wise. 


The store and streets were fairly quiet and allowed us lots of uninterrupted, up close window viewing and leisurely strolling.




3 comments:

  1. How fun!! I love the pictures of her looking so intently at the windows and the black and white pic of her is beautiful! It looks like so much fun. I went to Chicago for the first time two and half years ago with a friend of mine for a girls-weekend. I can't wait to take Zoe there (and Steve, too!) There's just so much to do and see. I want her to see the city, the water, the aquarium, the museums...so much fun! Looks like you're having a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr! I feel a chill! I just went from the warm sun and waves to winter window shopping! Love your city photos and your very inquisitive Josie studying those holiday scenes! Her little adventures make me smile :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it would be a great city to visit during the holidays!! What a fun Christmas tradition for your family!

    ReplyDelete