Thursday, March 24, 2011

2.5 years

The wee one turned 2.5 just a few days ago, and being so terrible at getting the camera out on these gloomy days - at the first sign of a warm-ish (50 degree) day, I bribed her with some jelly beans to smile for a minute and to take a few shots.


She's been a regular comedian lately, just this morning she told me "It's not bedtime, it's up time!" at 5:00 before the sun even came up.  I don't know that it was exactly funny to me at the time, but it's pretty cute now that I think about it.  I tried to get her to come cuddle in bed with me, it was not my idea of "up time".  She's forgiven however, this is out of her norm and a darn cough has been torturing her, so we're up bright and early today. 


It's just crazy interesting watching her vocabularly develop lately. She says things that I have no idea where or how she learned them, so a fine reminder to watch what I say.  Case in point, just last week we went out for a quickie dinner after playing at the park and as she "accidentally" poured and entire cup of milk down the front of her jacket, she exaclaimed "Oh my God!" over and over.  Not my proudest moment as the table two over glared at us, but still funny - I'm more of an "Oh my gosh" sort of person, so I'll blame the babysitter for that one ;)



4 comments:

  1. she is absolutely adorable, k. what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious and animated!! I LOVE her expressions! I would love to hear her little voice!!

    It really is amazing to hear what they say. I remember that it used to make me wonder where Megan learned to use such expressions and phrases. I love it when they're vocabulary just explodes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie is absolutely beautiful! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just so beautiful...and gosh darn cute with the words. "Up time!" LOL! You just don't want to know what my oldest came home SINGING after a few weeks at preschool! :0 Had to have a talk with the teacher.

    ReplyDelete