Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Mother's Day

A few weeks back, Ed had a pretty great idea and planned a special Mother's Day for the three of us. Turkey Run State park is pretty amazing, a place I'd gone a few times when I was in high school and many times "back in the day" when Ed and I were dating. The hiking is amazing, unlike anything imaginable in Indiana of all places - much more like something you'd think to be found out west. The rock formations, waterfalls, cliffs, caves and riverbeds make for some pretty rugged hiking, especially with baby in tow, (Josie is just about maxing out the baby bjorn - we have a Kelty Kids carrier on order ;)) even so we fared pretty well! I'm so glad I had my wide angle lens in hand to capture the depth and breath of what I'm talking about. That little bitty person there is Ed...

That's Ed maneuvering up the waterfall...


Trail 4, we were prepared to get wet! It has been a fairly rainy Spring, making this typically dry riverbed quite a bit more challenging to hike - but so much fun! Ed was careful with Josie and I was careful with the camera :) All in all, I think we hiked a good 10 miles between our hikes on Sunday and Monday. Making for a tired mama and baby... We're glad to be home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment